Thursday, October 6, 2011

Lucky Loos!

Holy Toot! It's been so long that I forgot my password to log into my very own blog. Sad.

In reviewing my last post it seems I had been a little delinquent at that point as well and attempted to sum up the last month. I will spare you the hairy details of the last 4 MONTHS since my last post...actually it wouldn't be that hard since I have been at the hospital approximately 85% of the time since that last post, but still I will spare you and we will start anew!

As I'm sitting here reflecting on the past couple months (thank you blog) I'm feeling like a pretty lucky lady today. Here's a few of the reasons why:

1. MAJ (hubs) is the man: Our 1 year anniversary was a few weeks ago and he surprised me (late from work as usual with no attitude from MAJ) with a repeat of the dinner he made in Paris on our honeymoon, Coq-a-Vin and bottle of wine that he brought home from Paris AND (as if that weren't enough) cupcakes from the bakery in Chapel Hill that made our wedding cupcakes! Really really over-the-top-perfect. We had decided for our anniversary to buy a nice camera for ourselves. He surprised me (again) with the bomb.com Canon Rebel at dinner! The best part of this gift was that he picked out the whole thing! I had NOTHING to do with the deliberation process of which one was best/most affordable/etc...which I hate! He picked out an incredible camera and now maybe we will take some pictures!!
MAJ posing in his most-precious possession of late...

2. I love my job. While I can't deny that there have been plenty of days that I have driven to the hospital sobbing, especially around day 20 of a 24-day stretch of no-days-off, BUT at the end of the day I can't ignore the fact that medicine is pretty cool. AND getting to spend all day with kids is really pretty awesome, even if they do puke and pee on you from time to time. (this statement of "loving work" should be taken with the grain of salt that today is my first day of vacation and I've only consumed coffee and candy corns today)

3. I love our house. (...which probably doesn't make sense as we are currently house-hunting but more to come on that...)

4. Aforementioned Vacation-time! We are heading to NC this afternoon to fly to California for 5 days in San Francisco and Napa Valley! I. can. not. wait. I promise we will take our new camera and actually take a picture or two ;) We are then heading back to NC for 4 days at home! this might require an even more dramatic CAN'T. WAIT! Carolina FOOTBALL, October in Chapel Hill, my Birthday (the last one you get to celebrate ;))

The bottom line of this post is clearly that we are loving our life. (Like weird cheese-balls we sort of walk around saying this...often. Maybe that's the way it should be...maybe? Or are we weird?)

On a random note - has anyone heard of planking? I will leave with one picture that I captured this weekend...Planking. Google it.

3 comments:

  1. This post makes me smile, love it and ya'll! See you soon!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am so glad you are so happy!!! you deserve it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Woohoo! Have fun in Cali :) It was great to see you in DC - hope to see you too in NC!

    ReplyDelete