Sorry for the blogger-break. I admire all you guys out there who can keep up with these things...its a great way to document life...but you actually have to sit down and type. I'll do a brief re-cap of the last month, if I can. Let me just start by saying it has been a whirlwind!
After graduating we spent a few days packing up life in Winston-Salem and headed south to witness the Watson's say "I do!" It was a beautiful wedding and we had a blast celebrating with most of our med school crew, sans a couple of van der Vaarts who were slumming it in Italy. Poor things.
Then came memorial day weekend, which I spent in the nations capitol with the MRS-to-be and her maids ! We celebrated in true Anna Routh style ending the night in Adams Morgan eating Jumbo Slice. Great weekend all around - but I definitely can't hang like I used to!
From there, we spent the next weekend having a true vacation with the Knolls. Greg, Carly, MAJ and I spent a long weekend at the Ritz Carlton Key-Biscayne. It was absolutely incredible.
The next two weeks were spent in an absolute whirlwind of Routh-Barzin wedding crafting, a 72-hour moving adventure all culminating with Anna and Amir's wedding weekend on June 18th. It was an awesome event and is going to require an entire blog post of its own...mostly because I don't have any pictures yet! BUT i must say it was really super awesome seeing Anna and Amir start their lives as married people together!
So that brings us to about 4 days ago when we got back home! Here's a tour of what we've gotten accomplished since then: for before photos please view the post form April - I know I'm biased and obsessed with our new furniture but I think it looks awesome!
 |
| view of the "living room"from the front door |
 |
| View from the kitchen door. |
 |
| living room details - DIY photo-wall of sweet sentiments (thanks to Anna Barzins wedding decorations) |
 |
| den/tv room (aka. dogs tv watching room apparently) |
 |
| view from the back porch door |
 |
| dining room from front door |
 |
| killer china hutch! looooove. |
 |
| cute colorful kitchen nook |
 |
| more kitchen |
 |
| sunny cozy bedroom with new headboard! |
 |
| tiny but cute bathroom |
 |
| guest bedroom soooo ready for visitors! |
 |
| maybe the best part - my best ever in the world crafting nook! |
So, if you've made your way all the way down here I'm impressed. That's all for now because a) surely no one is still reading and b) I have 8.5 hours of online training modules left to do today.
More on life, first few days at Hopkins, etc to come!
love - erj
ahhhh - I love it all! I started listing my favorites, but it's all my favorite :) xoxo
ReplyDeleteYAY! Looks awesome, Routhie!!!! Did you get a new couch for your living room? The ottoman looks fab. GREAT job.
ReplyDeleteyippee -the place looks gorgeous, nice work!!
ReplyDeletelove the house! Love the wall decorations!
ReplyDelete