In honor of a few of the mamas in my life the crafting nook came to life last week for a few days. I have to admit that I love crafting. I never thought sewing would something that did anything other than envoke frustration and massive meltdowns, however it seems to be really relaxing to me...so far. I even survived my first major sewing machine jam-up-horrendous-sound-making-disaster and didn't lose it. MAJ was shocked.
I bought a little something for myself in this process (I needed it for my mothers day projects...but it has a few things for me too...convenient ;)) If I had endless hours in the day, didn't have to pack and move three states away or go to residency next year I think I would sew my way through this whole book - it's that awesome!
 |
| looooove amy butler |
I think my first project from the book turned out cute - mama thought so too!
 |
| Amy Butler Key Keeper Coin Purse |
 |
| stuffed with some of moms mothers day goodies |
|
|
Next up...
 |
| Origami pouch set - can't wait! |
In other news - we got home late yesterday from one of the best long weekends I have had in...maybe forever. We spent Friday and Saturday with some Tappin' Teenies in Atlantic Beach celebrating Sydney and Jae's wedding. Syd was gorgeous, the setting was perfect and the band at the Friday night party was unforgettable! We made our way to Emerald Isle for the rest of the long weekend for some intense beach time and board gaming with the med school crew to celebrate graduation (and of course a very important birthday). It was a little bittersweet as we are all realizing how far apart we are going to be next year. No worries though - we still have one very big weekend ahead of us coming up! My computer is now refusing to cooperate with uploading pictures so you'll have to wait! Maybe I'll go pack my first box...sike.
No comments:
Post a Comment