Sunday, March 20, 2011

the crafting nook has been busy

A couple weeks ago my mom surprised me with the most amazing gift - a sewing machine and all the stuff needed for my first project!

I was ecstatic! I've been wanting one but not feeling like I could justify buying one right now. It sat unopened for a few days in all the madness of the last couple weeks. In all honesty, I was a little apprehensive about how complicated it might be...and worse yet - what if I couldn't do it?! But last Wednesday I was let off work early, a nice but potentially disastrous gesture. Too much free time in the 24 hours before Match Day was not what I needed. After about 30 minutes of being home and pacing the house, vacuuming, magic-clean-erasering the walls, etc. MAJ suggested I should give the sewing machine a go. Like a kid on Christmas, I ran upstairs, ripped it open and jumped in. I didn't look up for about 8 hours and this was the end product...
I love it - maybe mostly because I'm so proud I made it myself! I've been using it this week and believe it or not have actually gotten some compliments on it! How cool! Next project...
This projects success will depend on how many kids need sedation this week at the Baptist. Happy Sunday Evening!

No comments:

Post a Comment