Most days I love my job. I really do. It's an honor to get to take care if other people's kids when they really need it. And kids are awesome. they are so resilient and inspiring often in the face of truly horrific ordeals. I've often said, if I'm going to leave my own children at home every day I can't imagine anything else that I could justify leaving them for. It's fun and I really do love it.
But some days it sucks. These last few weeks have brought more than their fair share of really bad days. I hate the bad days. I really really hate them. I hate having to look another parent in the eyes an tell them their child, their baby, their world has died. It sucks. There is no other way to put it.
But what it does do, is put everything else into perspective. No matter how bad my day is or how many hours I've worked that week, or how much I don't feel like cooking or doing laundry, or whatever the complaint du jour, I have so much to be thankful for. I have the most wonderful supportive husband who knows exactly what i need at the end of these days (usually a good family snuggle and a healthy glass of wine) and the sweetest daughter that brings so much joy to every day. We are surrounded by loving family and friends that support us even if it is from afar. We are lucky. and thats it. Everyone needs a healthy dose of perspective every now and then. Now for that healthy glass of wine and some DVR'd trashy tv. Love y'all.

Sloane is such a sweetie! I can't wait to meet her. Love you! xx
ReplyDelete