I apologize in advance if this is the worst blog you've ever read - it's really a selfish venture and more for me than you. Thanks.
My Goal: Attempt at documenting life during this amazingly awesome and chaotic time that is the next year of our lives. "Our" refers to me, the hubs Matt and our two incredibly mentally challenged dogs, Bella (the brown one) and Sadie (the black one). I already can't remember what I did yesterday and that is simply sad.
Thus, out of the insanity of being a 4th year medical student trying to make sure I graduate while applying and interviewing furiously across the country for a job, a newlywed (65 days and counting thank you) and the general disaster that I am when it comes to documenting anything, this blog comes to you.
Bella and Sadie are supes excited about this new venture as well, they can hardly contain their enthusiasm....


And in addition I should mention that I am terrible speller (is that even a word?) and was clearly not an English major so my writing may make no sense. (Don't be appalled Sallie)
So for the first post, kind of perfectly proving my point about stinking at documentation, we will start with Thanksgiving. Thanksgiving has long been (well...prior to this year) my favorite holiday. Something about heading 'home', lounging on the sofa watching the Macy's parade while someone else cooks amazing food for you is just incredible. This year was different. I, well I'm blaming Matt for this one mostly, agreed to host thanksgiving at our house this year. I guess we thought we were adults since we got married and all. False. The only reason it was a success (and by success I mean no one got food poisoning and died) was because of all the help we had.
List of things that our parents contributed to our first thanksgiving:
1. stuffing
2. mashed potatoes
3. chocolate pie
4. pumpkin pie
5. gravy
6. wine
7. plates
8. napkins
9. serving utensils
10. table...seriously.
I'm going to stop listing because its embarrassing - seems like we live in a shoebox with no furniture. All joking aside, it really was a great thanksgiving. While hosting certainly changes the dynamic of things I wouldn't have changed it for anything. We had my parents and sister, Matt's parents and sister and one of my dearest friend Kat's family and fiance, Graham and it was perfect!
BUT - to prove my point - here is the only picture from the day. And I didn't even take it. Now, had I pre-thought about how embarrassed I would be able blogging about Thanksgiving with no pictures or the general sadness of not documenting anything I might have taken a picture or two. But for now here it is. The one and only.
If your sitting there wondering what I contributed to t-giving....that's a great question. Matt made an amazing turkey on the big green egg. I can't take any credit for that one. I tried very hard to ruin some cranberry sauce, which by the grace of god somehow turned out OK. I did make an Apple Pie - pretty hard to screw up! And provided lots of hospitality. And a good Wii butt-whooping on my mom. (Sike - I'm pretty sure she beat me, and my arm was definitely sore the next day which is double sad)
That's all for today. I bet you're bored. But you should stay tuned because I just pulled all the honeymoon pictures from Matt's camera and they are hilariously bad. And I will share, most likely tomorrow, when I am procrastinating writing my manuscript that's due in 3 days. Oopsies.Over and out. - ERJ
No comments:
Post a Comment